What Is It About?
I am a self-taught programmer. After a year of self-study, I learned to program well enough to land a job as a software engineer II at eBay. Once I got there, I realized I was severely under-prepared. I was overwhelmed by the amount of things I needed to know but hadn't learned yet. My journey learning to program, and my experience at my first job as a software engineer were the inspiration for this book.
This book is not just about learning to program; although you will learn to code. If you want to program professionally, it is not enough to learn to code; that is why, in addition to helping you learn to program, I also cover the rest of the things you need to know to program professionally that classes and books don't teach you. "The Self-taught Programmer" is a roadmap, a guide to take you from writing your first Python program, to passing your first technical interview. I divided the book into six sections:
1. Learn to program in Python 3 and build your first program.
2. Learn Object-oriented programming and create a powerful Python program to get you hooked.
3. Learn to use tools like Git, Bash, regular expressions and databases. Then use your new coding skills to build a web scraper.
4. Study Computer Science fundamentals including computer architecture, data structures, algorithms and network programming.
5. Learn to program for production: I cover the software development process, testing, and best coding practices.
6. Finish with tips for working with a team and landing a programming job.
You CAN learn to program professionally. The path is there. Will you take it?
"The Self-Taught Programmer: The Definitive Guide to Programming Professionally" is in the top ten Kindle e-Books in its category on Amazon.
A guaranteed great read, and the best thing is you are assured that thousands of readers across the world have read and enjoyed it.
Get it now at a fantastic price. Available on both Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk.Buy now at Amazon.com! Buy now at Amazon.co.uk!
Kindle is the world's best selling e-reader. There are so many things to love about a kindle.
The potential to hold up to 3,500 e-books on a single device, a touchscreen display that reads like paper, weighs less than a paperback, a size that fits comfortably in your pocket and a battery life that last weeks.
It is the must have device for anyone who loves their books.Click To Join The Kindle Family.
Want access to over 5000 Kindle e-books you can read for free?
Join Amazon's 30 Day FREE Prime Subscription Service and get access to greats books by great authors.
If after 30 days you aren't satisfied you can simple cancel at no cost.Start Your 30 Day Free Trial Now.